The BPM refund arrangement means lower prices for you as a foreign buyer. As a foreign buyer, you purchase the car exclusive of BPM (and, where applicable, VAT).
The main refund criteria are:
- The car, motorbike or van was registered in the Netherlands on or after 16 October 2006.
- The car, motorbike or van is not a damaged vehicle as defined by the Netherlands Tax Authority (superficial bodywork damage is permitted).
- The car, motorbike or van is roadworthy.
- The car, motorbike or van has been re-registered in another state of the EU or EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), and a copy of this registration document is available.
- The registration of the car, motorbike or van with the RDW (Netherlands Road Agency) has been terminated.
- The RDW has issued an export declaration.
- The car, motorbike or van is not being exported with the clear intention that it should be re-registered within twelve months in the name of a person domiciled in the Netherlands and/or that it should be used on Dutch roads within twelve months by a person domiciled in the Netherlands.